With such a wealth of information available on the Internet plus the increased use of Web-based applications and tools, Internet usage is bursting in today’s enterprise world. However, this overwhelming demand for Internet access at work has created a host of potential problems for employers. Without properly managing employee Internet access and publishing an Internet Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), businesses are vulnerable to Internet abuse which may result in lost productivity, network infection, legal liabilities, increased infrastructure costs and the loss of sensitive information.
Typical Internet Related Challenges for Enterprise
• Open Internet access exposes enterprise networks to a host of web-borne threats such as viruses, malware, phishing scams and other malicious applications
• Increased demand on web-based business applications increases need for reliable and fast bandwidth performance
• With fewer IT resources typically employed, there is a strong need for integrated applications with a single, intuitive and centralized management tool
• Ensuring performance and corporate use compliance of roaming laptops off network
• The need to manage employee productivity with Internet monitoring tools and detailed reporting
• Legal and criminal liability risk associated with Internet abuse
• Increased use of web 2.0 sites for business development exposes businesses to added Internet threats and time killers
Features & Benefits Provided by Netsweeper
• Netsweeper empowers the IT managers with the tools needed to manage Internet access and activity, resulting in a reduction of bandwidth abuse, acceleration of business related tasks and mitigation of legal liability concerns.
• Managing roaming laptops with Netsweeper’s client filter application will enforce AUPs both on and off network while also protecting the devices from infection when using alternative Internet connections.
• By monitoring, filtering and blocking access to non-business related web content, employees will remain productive.
• Netsweeper’s web threat management technologies will blocks viruses, malware and other malicious applications from penetrating the network right at the gateway. With fewer network outages resulting from system infections, IT resources can focus on other business related issues and projects.
Click here to learn how Foster, Townsend, Graham and Associates, (FTGA Law) successfully implemented a Netsweeper solution.