Thousands of schools and millions of children in the UK continue to rely on Netsweeper to deliver appropriate web filtering. From July 1st 2015, all UK schools with registered early years childcare providers and registered later years childcare providers are required to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. This duty is known as the ‘Prevent duty’. Netsweeper Web Content Filtering is one of the foundation stones that helps meet this duty.
Customizable Content Filtering
Netsweeper categorizes web content into predefined categories. It enables administrators to block all of these predefined categories or any combination of categories. Of particular note, the expansion of our “criminal skills” and “weapons” categories with detailed reporting capabilities addresses the Prevent and Safeguarding initiatives outlined in the ‘Prevent duty’ requirements. Netsweeper continues to refine our capabilities in collaboration with our customers, partners and the UK Home Office.
As a part of the Prevent strategy, teaching staff are encouraged to openly discuss ideology, beliefs, and extremism. Netsweeper provides teaching staff with the flexibility to pre-define appropriate teaching material hosted on websites, and to decide if those materials should be accessible to just staff, a particular member of staff, a class for a period of time, or even the whole school.
Furthermore, for today’s educators, Netsweeper provides a solution and comprehensive tool set enabling content filtering on or off the network, regardless of the type of device. Netsweeper empowers IT managers and/or delegated teachers to safeguard students from web-based threats and inappropriate content while ensuring they have safe and fast access to valuable educational resources.
Netsweeper delivers a proven lower cost Education focused solution:
• The fastest application and content filtering solution in the market
• For off network access, Netsweeper provides Client Filters for Mac OSX, Windows (XP through Windows 10) and Google Chrome & Chromebooks
• Centralized web-based administration tools empower IT Managers to control Internet access and activity on a global, group or per user level while also delegating access controls to other named staff, such as specific teachers
• Empower teachers with detailed reporting on student Internet activity to ensure usage is positively impacting student performance
• Scalable, flexible and reliable solution that will integrate with your existing infrastructure and will support your business now and in the future, without the need for extensive investment in hardware
• Configurable eSafety messages to provide ongoing “learning moments” instead of just blocking content
• Ability to better manage network bandwidth by controlling access to high bandwidth resources
In addition to external regulation compliance, Netsweeper’s Web Content Filtering is fully integrated with the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF), allowing online updates from the IWF child abuse content blocking list.
We, in collaboration with our partners, will be showcasing Netsweeper on stand G160 and E272. We are excited to be unveiling our new categorization capabilities, languages and new Web Administration interface at the BETT show where visitors will be able to catch a glimpse of our new features and functions.
Netsweeper Inc. is a leading provider of application and Internet content filtering solutions for businesses, educational resources institutions, government organizations, service providers, carriers and OEM partners around the world. Essentially, if you connect, we protect. Netsweeper solutions supply IT managers with content filtering tools necessary to optimize network usage while providing all users with a positive, productive and safe Internet experience. Founded in 1999, Netsweeper Inc. is headquartered in Waterloo, Canada’s technology triangle with offices in the UK, India and Australia, including integrators and resellers worldwide.