Netsweeper Child Protection Policy Statement
Netsweeper believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them. Our systems may be used to protect children worldwide and need to be maintained and operated to ensure those protections remain in place.
We recognize that:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation, or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, caregivers, and their agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare. This will include working with schools, school officials, police establishments and governments in their home countries.
The purpose of the policy:
- To provide protection for the children and young people who receive Netsweeper services, including the children of adults we work with,
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm to themselves or from others,
- This policy applies to all staff, including senior managers, contractors, or anyone working on behalf of Netsweeper.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff
- recruiting staff safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff, and volunteers
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- providing effective management for staff through supervision, support, and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.