Education requires a safe learning environment for students. Educators are adopting eLearning strategies to extend the learning opportunities of students in the K-12, Primary and Secondary sectors around the world. This trend requires IT managers and senior educators to be aware of and address the issues that can result in expanding the need for student Internet access.
- Student online safety is critical. Protecting them from accidental or direct access to inappropriate content, solicitation, personal identity theft, malicious web proxies and cyberbullying are all serious issues to consider.
- Overall budgetary constraints have affected spending and staffing in the area of IT. In many cases, less money and fewer staff results in the need for more economical systems that are still suitable for the requirements of each region.
- Solutions installed must be compliant to local regulations. In some cases, these rules are directly linked to funding or governmental refunds that cannot be overlooked such as CIPA (US). All educational institutions are required to also carry the Internet Watch Founding (IWF) List.
Features and Benefits Provided by Netsweeper
- Enable student achievement by providing safe learning environment.
- Centralized web-based administration tools empower IT Managers to control Internet access and activity on a global, group or per user level while also delegating access controls to other named staff, such as specific teachers.
- Empower teachers with detailed reporting on internet parental controls activity to ensure usage is positively impacting student performance.
- Technology to manage Internet access on mobile laptops. Internet access on mobile laptops whether they are on or off the network, thus protecting devices from infection and students from online threats regardless of where or how they connect to the Internet.
- Comprehensive data on all Internet user activity to be utilized in the creation of reports designed to justify investments in network operations, eLearning initiatives and paid for content.
- Protect students from web-borne threats such as viruses, malicious anonymous proxies and inappropriate content.
- Ability to better manage network bandwidth by controlling access to high bandwidth resources.